Tuesday 1 February 2011

Paper Engineers!

Whilst doing this project I thought, as well as Richard Sweeney, to look into other artists who specialize in the medium of paper. And I remembered that during my A Level Graphic Design course I stumbled across a woman called Gail Armstrong, and her work is amazing! She does a number of things, she creates childrens books, card, article illustrations, magazine illustrations, 3D sculptures, all out of paper! You've probably seen some of her work, she's worked for National Geographic, Virgin Travel, Milkybar, and they're just a few. I'll show you some of her work...

You've got to recognise this! The Anchor cows! 
Look how amazing this is! She uses all kinds of different papers too.
I love the Bees!!!


Molly Jey

Molly Jey is a paper engineer whose work is mainly inspired by nature, her work includes designs focused on nature, flowers and animals. Her work inspires me, as it is linked to my final piece idea of natural forms.
Molly Jey Paper Sculpture White Chrysanthemum
Molly sells her sculptures on the well known online store etsy, and her pieces are created like cute litlle picture frames, here are some examples.
White Daffodils
Deer and the pink Snow


Molly Jey Paper Sculpture Camelia and Ladybug
 love how detailed her work is, I mean look at the little lady bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment