Tuesday 1 February 2011

Project and Richard Sweeney - The Paper Man

Hello! welcome to my blog, this is dedicated to the work that I do on my course of Graphic Design at Sheffield Hallam University, it's where I'll no doubt share some ideas and research that I've come across for projects.

For one of my current course projects, we have been given the task of designing a final piece celebrating 100 years of paper, using only - you guessed it paper.
So for the past two weeks, we have had a workshop at university with the artist Richard Sweeney who works with using paper in his art. He has been teaching us that by doing a few simple techniques on a piece of paper (like cutting, scoring, indenting, and making slits in the sides) you can make amazing and interesting pieces and shapes out of paper. I have been finding the workshops really interesting, because of the simplicity of the idea - that you can make something very interesting by just cutting, connecting and folding a piece of paper.

Here are some examples of Richard's work, he is amazing!

1_big.gif
Such intricate work!

I love how intricate some of them are


He has even done window displays, this one is taken from a Milan shop, its a sculpture named "Angel" all made from cartridge paper!
L'angelo, Richard Sweeney
So Amazing! When I researched into Richard, it made me realise what an honour is actually is to have him in our workshops. He gave us a load of tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment