Wednesday 6 April 2011

Rayograms

we had a session where we were given the chance to create our own rayograms by bringing in stuff to use as our "negative" I really enjoyed this session, because it made me realise how much i missed processing and developing prints in the darkroom, because i did AS phtography and really enjoyed it. I brought in objects to "photograph" such as necklaces, a whisk, jewellery, pens pencils, stencil etc. I made about four prints, and am really pleased with the way they came out :)!

This was my test print, so that I could see which amount of time was best to expose it with, i exposed each part for an amount of 5 seconds, so the lightest part was only exposed for 5 seconds and the darkest side of the print was exposted for 20 seconds, So i decided to stick to an exposure time of 20.

This is my favourite print i love it! it's just two of my necklaces that I bought in, quite like the bird theme, i wanted to make it look like they were flying.

here's the whisk, i thought it would make quite an interesting shape, and i think it did, it sort of reminds me of a lightbulb...

here is another of my necklaces, i wanted to use this one because i liked it stencilled effect, and knew it would be interesting as a silhouette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment