Wednesday 6 April 2011

Update...

We've been taught in sessions how to use adobe aftereffects...and I'm finding it quite strange to use, in some ways its very similar to photoshop which is great, because I know my way around most things on photoshop, however i think that it is just the fact that the layout and colourscheme of aftereffects is different and this just seems to throw me off. I've had two sessions on it so far, I'm learning slowly, but I'm not looking forward to making my final piece on it...in my last session, which was today everything just seemed to be going terribly wrong no matter what I did, Oh well! Ad Astra Per Aspera!


(latin for: To the stars through struggle)

Also, we were given a session on creating an animation, last friday. we had to draw several basic characters, literally anything we could think of, then we had to pick one of he characters, draw it from a different angle, and then work in pairs or groups to come up with an animation using each person's character. We needed to create a basic story board that showed a beginning, a middle, and an end. the animation had to be 36 hand drawn images, boy was it hard and tedious! I really dont think my animation will be hand drawn, as I doubt 36 pictures are going to make a very long animation, and I was sick of drawing when I got to about 25! Anyway my chosen character was a cat, and my partners was a bird, so we decided to do an animation of a bird sitting in a tree, and then the cat sneaks up on the bird and eventually eats it, Think it ended up quite successful, I think we are being taught how to make it into an animation in after effects in the next session so i can't wait really, i want to see if i can actually make an animation!

here are some of my characters...

and some more, i quite like fancy top hat man


This is mine and my chosen character, and my partner's bird character, then just noted on the animation's story.

basic story board.

No comments:

Post a Comment