Thursday 10 March 2011

Development for chosen final piece idea for task one (what a mouthful!)

I decided that for my final piece I will be using the pineapple inspired pattern as the inspiration behind my final piece. I want it to be made of 100 pieces, so will likely make 100 separate squares and join them somehow to form my structure. I thought that the 2D structure in the previous post wasn't interesting enough so I decided to develop the idea more...

These are all ideas from my sketchbook, I made a model of the second idea just too see how interesting it would be...

I do like the idea and think that I will probably create a piece like this, I think the light coming through the sculpture, or landing on the sculpture makes the shadows and squares very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment