Thursday 3 March 2011

My research

I have been focusing mainly on fruit more than any other natural forms, and the patterns that can occur within fruits, whether they're obvious or not. I bought a pineapple the other day as an example of repetitive forms within nature. I like the diamond shapes and I my final piece is heavily influenced by this pattern, although I don't want to make a giant pineapple, I do want to use the diamond pattern to create a different structure. One that, itself could be classed as a repetitive pattern. Unfortunately I can't cut my pineapple just yet, as, well, I broke my only knife trying to cut it!






This is a snapshot of the bottom of the pineapple, I find it interesting how it is similar to a flower.


Did think about incorporating the leaves into my design, however I think it will definitely look way to much like a pineapple then!


No comments:

Post a Comment