Monday 28 March 2011

Inspiration

i was trying to think of some inspiration towards print an pixel, and it was so great when I realised that one of my favourite songs (guilty pleasure song, I may add) has a brilliant music video! Perfect for this brief! I absolutely love this video!!! 
It's for the song "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel, who I alway assumed was for old ladies, but I think I'm getting him mixed up with Daniel O'Donnell, that's really bad isnt it? Anyway! off topic!

Yes so the video for Sledgehammer, is made up of mainly stop motion animation, and plasticine animation, it was directed by Stephen. R. Johnson, and featured some animation created by Nick Park from Aardman Animations (Wallace and Gromit, Creature Comforts, Chicken Run etc) He created the headless chickens dancing in the video. For the majority of shooting the video, Gabriel had to lay under a piece of glass for 16 hours!, whilst the animations were created around him and he was filmed frame by frame! All I can say is: Dedication! The video, also inspired me to buy a pack of plasticine over the weekend just to mess around with and see if it's the right animation for me :)


anyway! Here is the video! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment