Monday 14 March 2011

Final Piece Task 1 and 2

Finally we have come to the end of the project! it's been exhausting, but I've acquired some interesting skills, I'm still not 100% sure or keen on paper itself, I've gained to many papercuts too, and I am pleased with my final pieces especially when I think of how much I feel that I have struggled with this module as a whole.


So here they are my final pieces task one and two!
drumroll pleaaaase

This is my task one piece, for repetition, made from 100 squares and inspired by the natural pattern of a pineapple, I've done different views of it, I also created a little box - like platform for it to sit on, as i didnt like the idea of it just being on the floor, the fact that it will be raised off slightly, reassures me that no one will tread on it. 
its sewn and also held together with small thin strips of sellotape just for reinforced support.
Love the effect that light has on it



and here is my final piece for task 2! I went for a simple design, which I find quite effective, I wanted a strong bold type to catch your attention, and then put the details of the exhibit neatly in the corner. I'm really pleased with the photograph and the way my sculpture looks in the piece, I'm so happy with how it came out when it was photographed!

No comments:

Post a Comment