Thursday 10 March 2011

Final Piece Poster Layout and Photoshoot

For my poster I had to design layouts and created some thumbnails for this, to give me a solid idea for my photoshoot.

I went into university on Wednesday to take photos for my poster using the studio equipment in the Graphics hub, I have me own digital SLR camera, so this was the PERFECT time to use it!
I had two helpers thankfully holding up my sculpture on a piece of string to give it the effect of hanging and floating, I think I got some pretty successful shots, I will put them all up to be fair, some are blurry at first but it just goes to show they can't all be great! I used a white backdrop like I had planned and wanted to.

played around with having a Close up of the 100 stencil, to emphasize the poster's point, howeve I thought for the final poster I would much prefer a photo of the whole sculpture.
off center :(
on some I did unfortunately capture the edge of the backdrop which is annoying, however if i choose any of the photos for my poster they can be cropped.
i like this one as one of my poster layouts is to have the sculpture in the centre of the piture so that I can have text both at the top and the bottom of it.



even thought I was so worried about this photoshoot and how my final piece would look, I am actually very pleased with the results, I think that I have created a sculpture that is very interesting to photograph and is able to capture lots of different shadows and tones all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment