Thursday 10 March 2011

Models for Final piece ideas task 1

To look into my final piece ideas for task one further, I made small scale models of them, partly for practice and partly to see what they would look like as actual 3d pieces and see how they would look photographed. So that I could be one step closer to finding a final piece
This was my first idea, inspired by the pattern of an apple, i wanted to do a repeat pattern identical of when you cut up an apple.
This was another idea, inspired by the pattern of a pineapple, I liked the idea of using a pineapple as my main pattern for my final piece. I only cut out a flat bit of paper because at this point I mainly wanted to see how the light effects the sculpture.
This idea just linked into some of my research on flowers, just wanted to create a design influenced by it, I doubt that I will go down the road of using a flower design now.
this is inspired by an orange, although in all honesty I cannot form a decent sphere shape no matter how hard i try! I don't like how this idea turned out unfortunately. 
this is a quick sculpture of my grape inspired design, where I have stuck a few of the little origami "waterbombs" I create together. I stuck it together with sellotape, which has made it seem less professional, good job it is just an example. However I think if I did do it as a final piece I would probably use glue, and it would be easier to disguise as the parts would be bigger.



At this stage I believe that I will be developing the pineapple final piece idea as I find the light and the cut out shapes very interesting, and believe it will create an interesting sculpture and photograph. I plan to use the same sculpture for both tasks, and obviously develop if more for task 2, so that it appears different in shape and symbolizes "100" in some way for the 100 poster. As I have been told that I can do this. I plan on my final piece being made up of 100 shapes or symbolising 100 in at least some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment