Monday 2 May 2011

Inspiration for making my cat walk.

Because my cat is the main focus of my animation really, I had to get it to be able to walk convincingly, so I research for pictures and videos of cats walking.




through all the images that I found, I noticed that the way cats walk is they alternate the way their legs move on either side, so basically, when their left front leg is being placed forward, their left hind leg goes back, whilst this is happenning, on the right side, the right front leg will go back, and the right hind leg will move forward. It is confusing, but it is how they walk, they sort of push off from the feet put forward to the front to push themselves along, and then swap legs and do the same. So I suppose an easy way to think about it is if you look at the legs as diagonal so (left front, is diagonal to right back leg, and right front is diagonal to left back leg) the diagonals go in the same direction as eachother.



I found this video, try to ignore the woman commentating, I was just purely interested in watching the way the cat walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment