Wednesday 4 May 2011

Titles?

I have successfully shot all of my animation footage! I took in total over 600 photos which is ALOT! so, i put them all into after effects and ran the sequence, it amounted to 20 seconds, which is good because our animation needs to be between 20-30 seconds, but I still thought that it should maybe be longer, so i have been toying with the idea of maybe including credits in it, just to introduce the piece, and then end it, they wont be very intricate, just stating the title and my name, then I was thinking of placing "Fin" at the end, like they do on old fashioned french cinema films, just as a little joke. Make it appear more professional in a purposely mocking way. So I thought of ways that i could create a credit, at first I drew a rectangle on an a4 piece of paper, and then went about ways of trying to make it more interesting and decorated, in the end I ended up with a nice little photo frame. Like so:

this is is just scanned it, i thought it would be quite fancy, So then, once I had scanned it in I opened it up with photoshop, just to colour it etc. I didn't want the inner part of the photoframe to be just one bland colour, so I thought it would be nice to maybe do stripes, so that my font that I put inside the photoframe will stand out more. 
ended up with this as the end result after experimenting on photoshop, I quite like the idea of using stripes, especially white with a pale colour, i think it adds enough colour to make it eye catching, but not so much that it's overpowering to the eye. Plus I will want to put font over it too and will probably use black, because it will stand out alot more :) 



these are the opening and closing credits for my animation, I'm really pleased with how they have turned out, I think all of the colours go together really well! 

EDIT: I have been thinking that i may not include the frame in the final piece, and that I may just put the font on with the nice pink striped background, I think it will still make a successful credit.


No comments:

Post a Comment