Tuesday 3 May 2011

Update.

for my final piece, ive done some development on my storyboard, and have decided that my animation will be shot a bit lower than it is stated in my storyboard, as in it won't feature the entire woman's body, just her legs upto her arms and torso, kind of in the style of a tom and jerry cartoon! I just think that this will be a lot easier to do because her head is not really needed, and it will just be another thing for me to animate. I have done some character designs too, and have created all of my plasticine animations which I will upload pictures of shortly. Here are the character design sheet ideas from my sketchbooks, they are just rough, as I was jotting down ideas and diagrams...

This is the design for my animation's stage, I had to consider what I needed, like I dont really need a stage with two sides to it, I just need one side panel to place a door on, seeing as a door it the key feature in the animation. I needed it to be fairly big too so that you couldnt see the edges of it in the photographs. I was thinking about making it with mountboard, because I know that I have some spare.
This is a design sheet for my lady, The key features in here really is her torso and her arms, seeing as she carries the cake into the animation. I decided that I wouldn't create a body for her and that I would just do her torso and then downwards, like a tom and jerry cartoon, seeing as her head isnt very important. I want her to be a fairly decent height, so that you cannot see the top of her through the camera and in the photographs, So I think that around 20 centimetres is a decent height for her. I also can't decide if I should make her legs move or not, I think it will be quite difficult.

Heres the cake! the centre of the story! I messed around with some cake ideas, just to see what I could come up with, I like the one with little spheres on the top (cherries maybe?) I was trying really hard to think of obligatory standard cake designs, and I decided that the bottom left one is the best, Im going to be putting it on a plate too!

Here are my cat designs, I toyed around with head and face ideas at first, just to see what I liked, I took into consideration the body too and how it will be easy to move the legs. i think that it would be a good idea to maybe put wire in the joints, so that they are bendy and easy to move, I mean plasticine can only do so much in movement, and a leg will probably tear off when i am trying to move it! Im considering putting wire in the tail to, so i can move it around, I just hope it goes as planned! I have featured where I will place wire in the body diagram above.

Here is just a quick design sheet of the chest of drawers, which is what the cake will be placed on, so therefor will be in the centre of the animation, I want the drawer to be a decent height so that it is easy for the lady to put the cake down onto, so I have decided on a height of about 10cms which is have the height of the lady so it should work out. I'm not going to make a back for the chest of drawers, as you will not be able to see it because it will be against the stage wall. I am going to illustrate the front of the chest of drawers with the drawers as well as a type of wood carving, you know to make it look more like realistic wood. I am going to be using cardboard too as I think it will be realistic as wooden drawers, due to the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment