Tuesday 3 May 2011

making the lady.

the lady for my animation, came into a few problems whilst i was making her. I had to remake her numerous times as something always went wrong, when I first made her she was perfect amazing! but then after a while she was unable to stand up on her own, so I tried everything, adjusted her legs, the width, the flatness of the shoes, I even thought maybe her "dress" was to heavy for the legs to take, but even after I reduced some of the dress she still wouldnt stand for very long. Due to this problem I decided that I definitely wouldn't be making her legs move during the animation, which was disappointing as I wanted to at least try it but it was just impossible, and i feel that I didnt have enough time to make it right.


these are how she started out anyway, before I had added her arms or legs, this is just her body (dress) she has little wires sticking out as her legs at the moment, as I had decided i would definitely be using wire for support in her legs, and also to help them bend (planning for when i thought i would be able to make her walk in the animation).


this is her once i had created the original legs with wire in, as you can see they are abit skinny but for some reason they did the job! until after a few hours she couldnt stand on her own anymore, so I am not really sure what went wrong, So I decided that I would make her legs thicker...


my cake features in this photos

Here are some pictures of her after I had redone the legs and then added the arms, but for some reason she still would not stand up!





here are some images of the arms once they had been done, they are just basic and simple but they do the trick and bend as well as support carrying the cake!
I reshaped her legs so many times, I even tried taking part of her torso off to relieve it of weight. but it still didnt work! So I decided to try and strenghten the legs yet again!

this is the wire that i was using in the models, it is pretty strong and equally bendy so it's perfect, I used pliers to bend the wires together and strengthen them, the wire is from some old cables that my grandad stripped and gave me! perfect! 

I decided to put straws into her legs to strengthen them and put the wire in  the straws....


this is the finished leg, worked really well too!



using the straws strengthened her legs enough for her to stand for a long duration , long enough for me to take the photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment