Tuesday 3 May 2011

making the cat.

I started making a cat, just a simple one, just to get used to molding the plasticine a bit.


I put a necklace in its paw just for some playfulness! because it wasnt made with wire in it, i found it incredibly hard to bend, experimenting with not using wire, made me realise and develop my idea into using wire for the walking bits. 


So I started making a wire cat!

just a snapshot of the tail, made with wire in, just made a basic cylinder, did this for all the legs too, and just bent the bottom for the feet, for it to stand.


this is the head, its on a wire which then goes into the cat's body, its so that i can easily move the cat's head around.

just to show the wire.

this is the body, of my cat, with all the wires stuck in as legs, then plasticine put around them, works really well!

here he is! eyes and all!

side view!


i love him!

also had to make him some half shut eyes and some closed eyes, to make it look like he is blinking during the animation.


just a picture of the half open and then the closed cat's eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment